Should you want to remove the MVVM Light Toolkit from your system, please follow the few steps below. These steps remove the assemblies, the Visual Studio and Blend templates, the code snippets
- If available, use the automatic uninstaller
- Open Control Panels / Programs and Features
- Look for an entry titled MVVM Light Toolkit
- Select this entry and press Uninstall
Alternatively you can also use the Start menu shortcut (if available):
Note: Here too the last step can take a few minutes, due to the need to have Visual Studio update itself.
If like me you are a neat freak, you may want to perform a few additional steps in order to remove old files that were manually installed.
- Download CleanOldFiles.exe
- Go to the download location and locate the downloaded file.
- Right click on the file and select Properties from the context menu.
- (if available) click the "Unblock" button in the General tab of the Properties dialog.
- Right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.